August 17, 2026 01:36 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Raj Kundra | Pornography case
Image Credit: Raj Kundra Instagram

Raj Kundra granted bail in pornography shooting and streaming case

| @indiablooms | Sep 21, 2021, at 02:21 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Actor Shilpa Shetty's husband and businessman Raj Kundra has been granted a bail by a Mumbai court for two months over his arrest in connection with alleged shooting and streaming of porn.

The court has asked Kundra to pay Rs. 50,000 surety for his bail.

Last Thursday, the Mumbai Police had filed a 1,400-page charge sheet in the court levelling charges against the businessman.

Kundra's lawyer had on Saturday requested bail arguing that the investigation is over and a charge sheet has been filed.

He made the bail request alleging that Kudra had been made a 'scapegoat' in the case and that there was not an iota of evidence in the charge sheet that implicated his active involvement in shooting "alleged questionable content" and streaming it through mobile apps.

Kundra was arrested on July 19, and since then in his bail plea, the businessman had been maintaining that he was falsely implicated.

However, the charge sheet said Raj Kundra was the "main facilitator" and, along with other accused, he exploited young women struggling in the film industry.

Pornographic videos were posted on various websites and apps, the charge sheet alleged.

It said that the videos were sold through subscriptions.

Actress Shilpa Shetty has been listed as one of the eyewitnesses besides 42 others whose statements were recorded and included in the chargesheet.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.