August 20, 2026 11:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Representational Image: Pixabay

Pune rape: Accused was not delivery boy but complainant's friend, she was angry at him for forced sex, say police

| @indiablooms | Jul 05, 2025, at 11:33 am

Pune/IBNS: In a major twist to the alleged Pune rape incident, police have found inconsistencies in the 22-year-old techie's complaint where she alleged to have been raped by a delivery boy, media reports said.

Police said the 25-year-old accused was not a delivery boy as the woman had claimed but a highly qualified professional and the two were known to each other.

"The suspect is not a delivery boy. But both of them have known each other for the last year. Also, there is no forced entry, and no spray was used in this case," Pune Police Commissioner Amitesh Kumar said as quoted by Hindustan Times.

During the interrogation, the accused told police that he clicked the selfie with the victim with her consent.

The selfie, which is treated as major evidence, was then edited and posted by the woman with a message 'I will be back', claimed the accused.

"The selfie was taken with the victim's consent, and the message was edited and posted by the victim," Kumar said as quoted by the daily.

Police said the woman filed the complaint against her friend out of anger over a 'forced sex', NDTV reports. 

The woman told the police that the man had allegedly forced himself on her even when she wasn't ready for sexual intercourse on that day, the broadcaster reported.

The two had met at a community event and became friends. Both their families were known to each other.

The probe into the sexual assault angle is still on as the medical examination reports of the woman is yet to arrive.

What were the woman's previous allegations?

The woman previously alleged the accused posing as a courier delivery boy had entered the society in the Kondhwa area of the city at around 7:30 pm on Wednesday.

Even as the woman said she hadn't ordered anything, the accused asked for a signature.

When the woman went inside the flat for a pen, the accused entered and locked the door.

The woman was not able to recall what happened after that.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.