August 20, 2026 10:50 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Suicide bomb attack in Pakistan's Waziristan left 13 dead on Saturday. Photo: Representational/Pixabay

Pakistan blames India for Waziristan suicide bomb attack, MEA rejects claim

| @indiablooms | Jun 29, 2025, at 10:40 am

New Delhi/IBNS: India on Sunday strongly rejected the Pakistani Army's claim that it was behind the Waziristan suicide bomb attack, which killed 13 soldiers a day before.

"We have seen an official statement by the Pakistan Army seeking to blame India for the attack on Waziristan on 28 June. We reject this statement with the contempt it deserves," Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal said in a statement on X. 

At least 13 soldiers died and several others were injured after a suicide bomb blast rocked Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, close to the Afghanistan border, on Saturday, media reports said.

According to a report published in the Anadolu News Agency, the blast occurred on an army convoy in Khadi Market.

Security officials told the news agency that the coordinated attack occurred in Mir Ali when a suicide bomber detonated explosives near a bomb disposal unit vehicle from the 22 Frontier Force Regiment.

The Pakistan Army did not comment on the blast so far.

According to media reports, security has been beefed up in Waziristan, Khyber, and Kurram districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa during the recent rise in terror attacks in the region.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.