August 17, 2026 12:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
India | Pakistan
Image Credit: UNI

MEA slams Pakistan Foreign Minister for blaming India over Dasu Blast

| @indiablooms | Aug 14, 2021, at 01:18 am

New Delhi/UNI: The Ministry of External Affairs on Friday termed Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi's comments as “absurd” that laid the blame on Indian and Afghan intelligence agencies for the July 14 Dasu blast in which nine Chinese workers were killed.

India said that such “desperate attempts by Pakistan at peddling lies and propaganda will find few takers”.

In a statement, the Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said that Qureshi’s comments are yet another attempt at maligning India in a bid to deflect global attention from “its role as the epicentre of regional instability and a safe haven for proscribed terrorists”.

“We have seen reports on the absurd comments made by the Foreign Minister of Pakistan on the incident in Dasu. This is yet another attempt by Pakistan to malign India, in a bid to deflect international attention from its role as the epicenter of regional instability and a safe haven for proscribed terrorists," he said.

“India has been at the forefront of global efforts against terrorism in partnership with the international community, which is well aware of Pakistan’s credentials when it comes to terrorism. Such desperate attempts by Pakistan at peddling lies and propaganda will therefore find few takers,” the MEA statement read.

Qureshi, speaking at a news conference in Islamabad on Thursday, said the vehicle used in the attack had been smuggled into Pakistan from Afghanistan.

“According to our investigation, Afghanistan’s soil was used for this attack, for its planning, its execution and the making of the plans, we see them clearly connected to an NDS and RAW nexus,” he said, referring to the National Directorate of Security (NDS), the Afghan intelligence agency, and India’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) .

The blast in Dasu, in northern Pakistan's Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, on July 14 took place on a bus carrying Chinese and Pakistani workers to the site of a hydroelectric dam being built by China as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.

Nine Chinese workers were among the 13 people killed.

Work on the project has been suspended since the blast, and Islamabad has been at great pains to reassure Beijing of the safety and security of its projects in Pakistan.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.