August 17, 2026 12:28 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
India-China
Image UNI

Ladakh: Indian, Chinese troops carry out disengagement in Gogra area of LAC

| @indiablooms | Aug 06, 2021, at 11:38 pm

New Delhi/UNI: In a major breakthrough in border talks, Indian and Chinese troops have carried out disengagement of troops in Gogra area of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Ladakh after the twelfth round of border talks, an official statement announced today.

The two sides have been in a face-off situation since May last year in Ladakh along LAC and

the decision on disengagement was reached during talks between Corps Commanders of India and China on July 31 at Chushul Moldo Meeting Point in Eastern Ladakh, it said.

The disengagement process was conducted over two days on August 4 and 5. The troops of both sides are now in their respective permanent bases.

'As an outcome of the meeting, both sides agreed on disengagement in the area of Gogra,' it said. 'As per the agreement, both sides have ceased forward deployments in this area in a phased, coordinated and verified manner.'

All temporary structures and other allied infrastructure created in the area by both sides have been dismantled and mutually verified.

The landform in the area has been restored by both sides to pre-stand off period, the press release said.

This agreement ensures that the LAC in this area will be strictly observed and respected by both sides, and that there is no unilateral change in status quo.

'With this one more sensitive area of face-off has been resolved. Both sides have expressed their commitment to take the talks forward and resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in the Western Sector,' it said.

'The Indian Army along with ITBP is totally committed to ensure the sovereignty of the nation and maintain peace and tranquility along the LAC in the Western Sector,' the release said.

The two side had a 'candid and in-depth exchange of views' on resolution of remaining areas related to disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western Sector of India-China border areas.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.