August 20, 2026 08:07 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Blast
Photo courtesy: UNI

Kovai car bomb blast case: NIA arrests 12th accused

| @indiablooms | Aug 02, 2023, at 05:58 pm

Chennai/UNI: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) have arrested one more person in connection with the LPG cylinder blast in a car loaded with explosives in Coimbatore on Deepavali eve last year.

With the the total number of accused arrested in connection with the car blast that took place front of Sangameswarar temple in the

Textile City on October 23 night last year, went up to 12.

The arrested accused was identified as Mohammed Idris (25), a native of the Ukkadam area in Coimbatore.

He was suspected to be a close aide of Jameesha Mubin, the alleged mastermind of the car blast in front of the temple at Kottaimedu and the one who perished in the explosion, which later turned out to be a suicide attack and revealed the terror module in it.

Sources said that Idris was part of the criminal conspiracy that led to the car blast.

NIA officials found the role of Idris in the conspiracy, after examining his mobile call detail records and the confessions made by the other accused, who were arrested, in the case.

After preliminary questioning by summoning, the NIA arrested Idris and brought him to Chennai on Tuesday evening.

He is expected to be produced before the NIA Special Court at Poonamallee in Chennai later on Wednesday for judicial remand.

Sources said the NIA is likely to file a petition before the court for custodial interrogation of Idris to ascertain more details about the conspiracy theory.

It may be recalled that the NIA had filed a chargesheet against six accused in the case against Mohammed Azharudheen, Muhammed

Thalha, Firos Ismal, Muhammed Riyas, Nawaz Ismail and Afsar Khan on April 20.

The agency filed a supplementary chargesheet against five others, Umar Farooq, Firoz Khan, Mohammed Thoufiq, Sheik Hidayathullah and Sanofar Ali on June 2.

pic: https://www.indiablooms.com/news-details/N/90509/nia-arrests-four-from-maharashtra-for-having-links-with-isis.html

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.