August 17, 2026 07:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Karnataka Blast
Image Credit: BS Yediyurappa Twitter

Karnataka government orders probe into Chikkaballapur blast case: CM BS Yediyurappa

| @indiablooms | Feb 23, 2021, at 10:49 pm

Bengaluru/UNI: Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has ordered a probe into the incident of the Chikkaballapur blast in which six persons were killed and three injured.

"Directions have been issued to conduct a thorough inquiry and act against those involved," he said.

At least six people died following a huge gelatin explosion in the Hirenagavalli village of Chikkaballapur.

Meanwhile, an investigation is underway into a similar blast that took place in the Hunasodu village in Shivamogga killing six people last month.

According to Home Minister Basavaraj Bommai, who rushed to Hirenagavalli, said the blast occurred on Monday night.

"The blast was caused in the air, not on the ground. Based on preliminary information, it happened at the time of handling the explosives," he said.

The quarry in this case belongs to Sri Shirdi Sai Company run by three people - two from Andhra Pradesh and one local resident.

"They have three acres of quarry and another three acres for a crusher," Bommai said.

Apparently, this quarry was raided earlier this month and the police had seized a vehicle.

"It looks like they were trying to transport (explosives) so that it can be stored somewhere else," Bommai said.

Describing the scene at the blast site, Bommai seemed at a loss for words.

"This is a huge blast. It's very painful to see this. The bodies are dismembered. I asked myself, what if this happened to my family..." he said, promising action against those responsible for the incident.

Leader of the Opposition Siddaramaiah blamed the Yediyurappa administration for the deaths of six people.

"It's not gelatin that killed them. It's the bad administration of the CM who is moving to legalise illegal quarries," he added.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.