August 17, 2026 06:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Karnataka Blast

Karnataka: Dynamite blast leaves eight dead in Shivamogga, PM Modi pained

| @indiablooms | Jan 22, 2021, at 03:14 pm

Bengaluru: A dynamite blast hit  a Railway crusher site in Karnataka's Shivamogga on Thursday which left at least eight people dead, media reports said.

The blast reportedly occurred at  10.20 pm last night and jolted Shivamogga and neighbouring regions.  

Reacting to the incident, PM Narendra Modi tweeted: " Pained by the loss of lives in Shivamogga. Condolences to the bereaved families. Praying that the injured recover soon. The State Government is providing all possible assistance to the affected."

According to police, the victims were transporting the dynamites meant for mining in a truck when the explosion took place, reports Times Now.

The entire area has been sealed off by the police.

"The entire area has been sealed off. So far we have seen two bodies and many are feared dead inside the quarry. Bomb disposal teams will reach here from Mangaluru and Bengaluru in a few hours. As there may be active explosives, nobody is allowed inside till the squads come here," senior police officer of Davanagere range S Ravi told NDTV.

Congress leader Rahul Gandhi posted: "The news of blast at stone mining quarry in Karnataka is tragic. Condolences to the families of the victims. Such incidents call for in-depth investigation so that similar tragedies can be avoided in the future."

Representative Image: Pixabay

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.