August 20, 2026 11:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Kapil Sharma recently launched his cafe in Canada's Surrey. Photo: Official Instagram

Kapil Sharma’s Canada cafe attacked, Khalistani terrorist claims responsibility

| @indiablooms | Jul 10, 2025, at 10:57 pm

A restaurant recently launched by comedian Kapil Sharma in Canada's British Columbia came under attack on Wednesday night, with multiple bullets hitting the cafe and neighbouring buildings.

While no injuries were reported, the attack has triggered concern among residents and the Indian diaspora in the area.

Owned by Sharma and named Kap’s Café, the restaurant was opened last weekend in Surrey and has quickly become a popular spot for the Indian community.

According to Surrey police, several rounds of bullets were fired at the property.

Bullet marks were found on the cafe’s facade as well as on nearby residential buildings.

The area has been sealed off, and CCTV footage is being scanned.

A forensic investigation is underway.

Harjit Singh Laddi, an alleged terrorist of the banned Khalistani outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI), has claimed responsibility for the attack.

He is also one of India’s most wanted men listed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).

According to The Indian Express, Laddi said the attack was carried out in anger over remarks allegedly made by Sharma.

The comedian, best known for his long-running television comedy shows, has not issued a public statement so far.

Authorities are investigating whether the firing was carried out as an act of personal intimidation or part of a broader threat plan linked to pro-Khalistan extremists operating abroad.

No arrests have been made so far. Police said all leads are being pursued to identify and locate the attackers.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.