August 17, 2026 06:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
India-China
Rajnath Singh addressing Rajya Sabha (Image Credit: BJP Twitter)

India's sustained talks with China led to disengagement along Pangong Lake: Rajnath Singh

| @indiablooms | Feb 11, 2021, at 06:41 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: India's Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said the government's sustained talks with the Chinese counterpart led to a disengagement along the Pangong Lake, which has witnessed border tensions over the last few months.

Speaking on the issue in Parliament's upper house Rajya Sabha, Singh said as quoted by NDTV, "Our sustained talks with China have led to agreement on disengagement on the north and south banks of Pangong Lake. After this agreement, India-China will remove forward deployments in a phased, coordinated manner."

"I want to assure this House that in these talks we have not conceded anything," he asserted. "The agreement that we have been able to reach with the Chinese side for disengagement in the Pangong lake area envisages that both sides will cease their forward deployments in a phased, coordinated and verified manner," he added.

"These are mutual and reciprocal steps and any structures that had been built by both sides since April 2020 in both North and South Bank area will be removed and the landforms will be restored," the Defence Minister said.

A top Chinese official had said frontline troops of both the nations at the southern and northern bank of the Pangong Tso Lake have started 'synchronized and organized disengagement' from Wednesday.

This move is in accordance with the consensus reached by both sides at the 9th round of China-India Corps Commander Level Meeting, said Senior Colonel Wu Qian, spokesperson for the Chinese Ministry of National Defense, in a written statement as quoted by China Military Online.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.