August 20, 2026 09:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Canada
Photo Courtesy: Pixabay

'Indian' hackers disable Canadian Armed Forces website amid diplomatic row: Report

| @indiablooms | Sep 29, 2023, at 12:51 am

New Delhi: The official website of the Canadian Armed Forces faced disruption as it was briefly deactivated on Wednesday, media reports said.

The Telegraph reported that the website was attacked by a hacking group called 'Indian Cyber Force', who claimed responsibility on X (formerly Twitter) for the cyberattack.

The site went down around noon but was cleared after some time, Daniel Le Bouthillier, head of media relations at the Department of National Defence told The Globe and Mail.

In a post on X, the Indian Cyber Force declared that the "Canadian Airforce Website has been taken down" and posted a screenshot of the disrupted website with the error message.

On September 22, the group aired its unhappiness with the Canadian government's "allegations and anti-India politics."

This cyberattack on the Canadian Air Force’s site came in the midst of a diplomatic faceoff between India and Canada following Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, last week, accused India of Khalistani terrorist Hardeep Singh Nijjar's killing.

India strongly rejected the allegations with a strong statement, calling them "absurd" and “motivated”.

It also asked Canada to crack down on terrorists and anti-India elements active on its soil and halted visa services for Canadians.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.