August 20, 2026 03:57 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Israel
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Indian Embassy in Beirut issues advisory to citizens amid escalation of tension between Israel-Hezbollah 

| @indiablooms | Aug 02, 2024, at 02:32 pm

The Indian Embassy in Beirut on Thursday issued an advisory to its citizens where it asked nationals not to travel to Lebanon till further notice and directed those currently present in the country to leave it amid escalating tension between Israel and Hezbollah.

In its advisory, the embassy said: "In view of recent development and potential threats in the region, Indian nationals are strongly advised against travelling to Lebanon till further notice."

"All Indian are also strongly advised to leave Labanon. Those who remain for any reason are advised to exercise extreme caution, restrict their movements and remain in contact with Embassy of India in Beirut through their email id: cons.beirut@mea.gov.in or the emergency phone number +96176860128," the statement said.

The advisory was issued by the Indian Embassy following the suspected assassination of Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Iran on Wednesday and the killing of Shukur by Israel in Beirut later, triggering further tension in the region.

Israel's army confirmed on Thursday that Hamas military chief Mohammed Deif was killed in an airstrike last month in the southern Gaza Strip, AFP reported.

The announcement followed reports from Hamas and Iran that the Palestinian movement's chief, Ismail Haniyeh, was killed in Tehran, though Israel has not commented on that claim.

"Mohammed Deif, the Osama bin Laden of Gaza, was eliminated on July 13," said Defence Minister Yoav Gallant.

The army stated that fighter jets had struck Khan Yunis on July 13 and, based on intelligence, confirmed that Deif was killed in the strike.

Deif was killed along with one of his top commanders, Rafa Salama, the report said, citing the military.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.