August 17, 2026 02:03 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
India-China

Indian, Chinese officials hold 13th round of talks for disengagement in Ladakh

| @indiablooms | Oct 10, 2021, at 09:56 pm

New Delhi/UNI: The 13th round of talks Corps commander level talks between India and China is being held at Modlo Garrison, across the LAC from Chushul on Sunday to discuss further disengagement in Eastern Ladakh.

The talks, which are being held after a gap of around two months, started around 1030 hours. It comes as Chinese buildup across the LAC has increased and over 50,000 PLA troops are said to be deployed along the border.

The two sides are likely to discuss next phase of disengagement from Hot Springs and also overall de-escalation along the LAC in Eastern Ladakh according to military sources.

India and China have so far disengaged from the areas of Pangong Tso and Gogra, however, frictions remain over the areas of Depsang and Demchok.

The last round of talks had taken place on July 31, following which, soldiers on both sides completed the disengagement process in Gogra.

The talks also come in the backdrop of at least two more major transgression incidents, one in Barahoti sector of Uttarakhand and another in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh.

Meanwhile, Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane on Saturday expressed concern over the Chinese build-up, and said it looked like they were there to stay.

He also said Indian soldiers would stay there as well. General Naravane also expressed concern that if the Chinese side continued for another winter, the LAC may become another LoC, though not active like the western border, as India would have to continue deployment of troops there as well.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.