August 17, 2026 05:55 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Ladakh

India hands back apprehended Chinese soldier in eastern Ladakh

| @indiablooms | Jan 11, 2021, at 07:47 pm

New Delhi/UNI: The Indian Army on Monday handed back the apprehended Chinese soldier at Chushul-Moldo in eastern Ladakh.

The soldier was apprehended near Gurung hill in the Chushul sector on Friday morning.

"The PLA soldier who had been apprehended on 08 January 2021, has been handed back to China at Chushul - Moldo at 10.10 AM today,” an Indian Army official said here on Monday.

The People's Liberation Army (PLA) soldier had apparently lost his way and entered the Indian territory inadvertently.

In an official statement, the Indian Army had said the Chinese soldier was apprehended on the Indian side during the early hours of Friday. He was taken into custody by the Indian Army.

"The PLA soldier had transgressed across the LAC and was taken into custody by Indian troops deployed in this area. Troops from either side are deployed along the LAC since friction erupted last year due to unprecedented mobilisation and forward concentration by Chinese troops," the Indian Army said.

The Army said the Chinese soldier is "being dealt with as per laid down procedures".

In October 2020, the Army had captured a PLA soldier, identified as Corporal Wang Ya Long, near Demchok area of Ladakh.

The PLA soldier was carrying civil and military documents when he was captured in Ladakh by the Indian Army.

Corporal Wang Ya Long was provided medical assistance after he was captured and was handed back to China a day later on October 21. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.