August 17, 2026 05:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Aviation
Image Credit: Unsplash

India extends UK flights ban till Jan 7, 2021 over new Coronavirus strain

| @indiablooms | Dec 30, 2020, at 05:10 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The central government on Wednesday extended the suspension of India-UK flight services till Jan 7, 2021 in the wake of the new Coronavirus strain that broke out first in Britain.

After Jan 7, the flight services will resume but with strict regulations.

India's Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri tweeted, "Decision has been taken to extend the temporary suspension of flights to & from the UK till 7 January 2021. Thereafter strictly regulated resumption will take place for which details will be announced shortly."

The flights to and from the UK were earlier banned till Dec 31, 2020.

With 14 more people detected with the new coronavirus strain, the total number of such cases in India rose to 20, the government said on Wednesday morning.

The Union Health Ministry said that the UK returnees' swab samples, who came between November 25 and December 23 and were tested positive for the virus, were sent to different labs of Insacog for further investigation.

So far, 6 out of 10 labs have tested the swabs. Highest eight samples tested positive in Delhi-- eight in NCDC, Delhi & one in IGIB, Delhi-- followed by seven samples in NIMHANS, Bengaluru, two in CCMB, Hyderabad, one in NIV, Pune and one in NIBG, Kalyani (West Bengal).

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.