August 20, 2026 04:33 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Fake Ads
Spiritual leader Sadhguru. Photo: Sadhguru/X

Delhi High Court orders Google to remove fake advertisements featuring Sadhguru's AI images and videos

| @indiablooms | Oct 22, 2025, at 01:22 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Delhi High Court has directed Google to use its technology to remove the deepfake and misleading advertisements featuring AI images and videos of spiritual leader Sadhguru, media reports said.

The court has ordered Google to take down advertisements on YouTube that use AI images of the spiritual leader.

If the company has any technological limitations in executing the removal of the advertisements then it must file an affidavit, the court said.

Sadhguru had moved the court seeking protection of his personality rights that he alleged was infringed by various rogue websites and unknown entities, The Hindu reported.

During the court hearing on October 14, an advocate arguing for Google said the advertisements which were flagged earlier have already been taken down.

The counsel added saying the additional URLs flagged by Sadhguru's Isha Foundation have also been removed.

But Sadhguru's counsel argued several other videos infringing the spiritual leader's personality rights are still available on YouTube.

Justice Manmeet Pritam Singh Arora ordered that advertisements showing Sadhguru's arrest must be halted immediately.

The judge has asked the members of Isha Foundation and Google to chalk out a way to prevent similar incidents in future.

The Delhi High Court earlier this year had granted protection to Sadhguru's personality rights.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.