August 20, 2026 02:45 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
The emailer using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. Photo: Representational/ChatGPT

Delhi High Court evacuated after email bomb threat; no explosives found

| @indiablooms | Sep 12, 2025, at 01:40 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Delhi High Court was evacuated on Friday after an email bomb threat claimed that three improvised explosive devices (IEDs) had been planted on the premises.

The email threat, which mentioned a possible blast targeting the judge’s chamber shortly after midday Friday prayers, triggered high-alert security measures, according to The Times of India and other media.

Multiple court benches were abruptly adjourned as proceedings were suspended and the court premises were cleared. A bomb disposal squad, fire tenders, and police were deployed, and the area was cordoned off, reports said.

After extensive searches, authorities reported that no suspicious items were discovered. 

The email sender, using the name "Kanimozhi Thevidiya," warned of blasts if evacuations were not completed by 2 p.m. and referenced a desire to emulate the 1998 Coimbatore blasts. The message also threatened acid attack violence. 

According to NDTV, the threat claimed to "recreate" the 1998 Coimbatore blasts in Patna later today and threatened an acid attack on Udhayanidhi Stalin's son, Inbanithi.

"See, the basic funda is, secular parties depend on allowing family dynasty politics and corruption to thrive in order to fight BJP/RSS. When the heirs (Rahul Gandhi, Udhayanidhi) are prevented from power, they lose interest in fighting against RSS," the email read as quoted by NDTV.

Authorities have not confirmed a connection with any external intelligence agency or specific group. Meanwhile, this incident follows several recent hoax bomb threats in the capital, raising concerns over repeated security vulnerabilities. 

Further investigation is underway. Official statements said the courts will resume once safety is assured.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.