August 17, 2026 08:32 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
AmitShah
Image Credit: IBNS File

Chhattisgarh naxal attack: Amit Shah reviews security situation following encounter

| @indiablooms | Apr 05, 2021, at 03:48 am

New Delhi/UNI: Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday evening reviewed the security situation after 22 security personnel personnel were martyred in an encounter with naxals which lasted for several hours on Saturday afternoon on the borders of the Sukam and Bijapur districts in Chhattisgarh.

The review meeting held at Home Minister's residence, was attended by Home Secretary, Intelligence Bureau Chief, senior officials of the Union Home Ministry and CRPF.

Apart from taking stock of the ground situations in the Chhattisgarh, the further strategy to recalibrate the Operation against Maoist was deliberated upon after the Home Minister was briefed about the turn of events that led to left-wing extremists successfully managed to lay an ambush leading to high casualties of personnel of security forces, sources in the security set up said.

Mr Shah also enquired about those personnel who sustained injuries during the operation and asked the senior officials to ensure that best possible medical assistance is provided to them, the officials said.

Union Home Minister, who cut short his poll campaign in Assam, air-dashed to Delhi this afternoon to chair this meeting, said that the Operation against Maoist will continue with more intensity and vigour.

Earlier in the day, Mr Shah spoke to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel and took stock of the situation and also assured him of all possible help from the Centre.

He had also directed CRPF DG Kuldeep Singh to visit Chhattisgarh to assess the ground situation and report back.

Later talking to the media in Guwahati, Shah said, a befitting reply would be given to the Naxal forces in Chhattisgarh at an appropriate time. “As far as the numbers are concerned, both sides have suffered losses and exact casualty figures cannot be ascertained immediately,” he added.

“Our security men have lost their lives, we will not tolerate this bloodshed and a befitting reply will be given at an appropriate time,” Mr Shah said.

At around noon on Saturday, an encounter broke out between the combined patrolling team of Chhattisgarh’s STF, CRPF’s CoBRA, District Reserve Guard (DRG) and some security personnel of Bastaria battalion of CRPF was dispatched from Tarrem and ultras belonging PLGA (Peoples' Liberation Guerilla Army) battalion of Maoists near Jonaguda village under Jagargunda police station area in Sukma district and reportedly the encounter continued for 3- 4 hours.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.