August 17, 2026 08:33 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Chhattisgarh encounter

Chhattisgarh Maoist attack: Search Ops continues near encounter site, CRPF DG reaches Bijapur

| @indiablooms | Apr 04, 2021, at 09:21 pm

New Delhi/UNI: The Security Forces have launched massive search operations in the Bijapur-Sukma areas of Chhattisgarh where an encounter broke out on Saturday.

The officials said that helicopters and drones have been pressed into action for the search operation to locate the missing security personnel.

Meanwhile, CRPF Director General Kuldeep Singh has reached Bijapur and taking stock of the situations and likely to meet state Police Chief, STF DG later in the day.

So far, 22 security personnel have been killed including eight from CRPF’s CoBRA unit and 14 STF jawans while 31 jawans have been admitted to the hospital. According to the officials, one security personnel has been missing and one body of a woman ultra was recovered on Saturday from the encounter site.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah has cut short his poll campaign in Assam and has been returning to Delhi in wake of the Naxal attack.

He is likely to hold a review meeting in the evening after taking stock of the situation with NSA, security forces Chiefs, and Intelligence Bureau Chief, an official said adding that the Government will also seek a report from the agencies as to when went wrong during the security forces’ strategies including the well laid Standard Operative Procedures.

At around noon on Saturday, an encounter broke out between the combined patrolling team of Chhattisgarh’s STF, CRPF’s CoBRA, District Reserve Guard (DRG), and some security personnel of Bastaria battalion of CRPFwas dispatched from Tarrem and ultras belonging to PLGA (Peoples' Liberation Guerilla Army) battalion of Maoists near Jonaguda village under Jagargunda police station area in Sukma district and reportedly the encounter continued for 3- 4 hours.

Security sources have confirmed that the Maoists have also suffered a large causality in the gun battle but the numbers are yet to be ascertained. Normally, " Maoists do not leave their buddies injured or dead after the encounter but the inputs suggest at least 15 Naxalites have been killed in this operation, they further said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.