August 20, 2026 09:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Arvind Kejriwal
Photo courtesy: Facebook/Arvind Kejriwal

CBI probes alleged scam in Arvind Kejriwal's new home, AAP responds

| @indiablooms | Sep 28, 2023, at 05:47 am

New Delhi/IBNS: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) began a preliminary investigation on Wednesday into alleged improprieties in the construction and renovation of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's new residence, reports said.

The CBI has requested documents related to the renovation of the Delhi CM's official bungalow; the sources said.

Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Delhi unit has welcomed the central probe agency's move to probe the alleged irregularities.

BJP Delhi unit president Virendra Sachdeva claimed that Delhiites want to know from the CBI inquiry how Kejriwal got constructed a "Rajmahal" bungalow much bigger and above his entitlement.

"The inquiry will also bring out on whose instructions the PWD officials floated small tenders for the construction which was done without getting any sanction plan approved from the Municipal Corporation of Delhi and above all the rejection of the plan submitted to the Delhi Urban Art Commission," Sachdeva said.

Earlier, BJP had alleged that the Delhi CM spent Rs 45 crore on the decoration of his bungalow.

The BJP declared that Kejriwal had betrayed the "simple living" promise he made on entering politics.

Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party has accused the BJP of "using all its strength to destroy..." it.

"So far BJP has filed over 50 cases against Kejriwalji... nothing came out in them and nothing will come out of this. No matter how much investigation the BJP does, Arvind Kejriwal will continue to fight for the interests of the common man. Kejriwal has sworn he will make India No 1 in the world and he is ready to pay any price for this," a defiant AAP said in its statement.

 

[With UNI inputs]

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.