August 20, 2026 08:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Ceasefire Violation

BREAKING NEWS: Pakistan violates ceasefire hours after truce, drone attack in Srinagar

| @indiablooms | May 10, 2025, at 09:37 pm

Hours after a ceasefire deal supposedly brokered by United States, Pakistan on Saturday violated the agreement along the LoC at multiple locations. Explosions were heard in Srinagar, said Chief Minister Omar Abdullah. "This is no ceasefire. The air defence units in the middle of Srinagar just opened up," he posted on X. 

"What the hell just happened to the ceasefire? Explosions heard across Srinagar!!," Abdullah posted. 

Reports said the Border Security Force (BSF) has been asked to retaliate the violations along the LoC. 

Junior home minister Harsh Sanghavi on an X post said several drones were spotted in the Kutch district of Gujarat. "A complete blackout will be implemented now," he posted, asking people to stay safe. 

UPDATE: Statement by Indian Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri: 

“In the last few hours, there have been repeated violations of the understanding arrived at earlier this evening between the directors general of military operations of India and Pakistan. This is a breach of the understanding arrived at earlier today. The armed forces are giving an adequate and appropriate response to these violations, and we take very, very serious notice of these violations. We call upon Pakistan to take appropriate steps to address these violations and deal with the situation with seriousness and …"

Earlier today, India and Pakistan agreed to stop military actions on land, air and sea. The government confirmed a ceasefire on Saturday, corroborating US President Donald Trump's claim of ceasefire. In a press brief, Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said the military action had been called off from 17:00 hours.

“DGMO (Director General of Military Operations) of Pakistan called up DGMO (of India) at 3.35 pm. They agreed that both sides will stop all firing and military action from land, air and sea from 5 pm onwards,” Misri said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.