August 17, 2026 01:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Suvendu Adhikari
Image Credit: Suvendu Adhikari Twitter Handle

Bengal LoP Suvendu Adhikari skips CID summon in his bodyguard's mysterious death case

| @indiablooms | Sep 06, 2021, at 06:41 pm

Kolkata/IBNS: West Bengal Leader of the Opposition (LoP) Suvendu Adhikari on Monday skipped state Criminal Investigation Department (CID)'s summon in connection with the mysterious death of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA's security personnel Suvabrata Chakraborty, officials said.

According to sources in the CID, Adhikari in the morning sent an email to the state probe agency informing that he could not join the investigation as he will be busy with his scheduled political programmes Monday.

CID is likely to send another summon to the BJP MLA from Nandigram soon, sources said.

Earlier on Oct 13 in 2018, the then Bengal Transport Minister Suvendu Adhikari's bodyguard, Suvabrata Chakraborty, was found in a critical condition with a gunshot wound to his head inside his room at a police barrack in East Medinipur's Contai.

Chakraborty was rushed to a hospital where he succumbed to his injury days later.

That time, police had indicated that it could be a case of suicide though neither a conclusion nor any major development was noticed in the investigation.

Recently, two-and-half years after the incident, Suvabrata Chakraborty's wife, Suparna Kanjilal Chakraborty, had lodged a complaint with Contai Police Station demanding proper investigation into her husband's mysterious death, based on which local police re-registered the case.

East Medinipur district police sources said that an FIR had been registered against 'unknown miscreants' under IPC sections 302 (murder) and 120B (criminal conspiracy).

Later on July 12, CID took over the probe into the case and has already quizzed multiple persons.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.