August 17, 2026 11:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Galwan Clash
Image Credit: twitter.com/adgpi

Army pays tribute to soldiers killed in India-China Galwan valley clash

| @indiablooms | Jun 15, 2021, at 06:45 pm

Srinagar/UNI: The Army on Tuesday paid rich tributes to the soldiers who were killed in a violent clash with Chinese troops on this day last year in Galwan valley along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Eastern Ladakh.

Defence Ministry spokesperson Lt Col Emron Musavi said that the Fire and Fury Corps paid homage to the martyrs of Galwan on the first anniversary of the violent clash on June 15, 2021. “In the face of unprecedented Chinese aggression, 20 Indian soldiers laid down their lives defending our land and inflicted heavy casualties on the People's Liberation Army (PLA),” he said.

He said in a solemn ceremony, Major General Akash Kaushik, COS, Fire and Fury Corps, laid a wreath at the iconic War Memorial in Leh on the occasion. “The nation will remain eternally grateful to these gallant soldiers who fought in the most difficult high altitude terrain and made the supreme sacrifice in service of the nation,” he added.

Twenty Indian personnel, including a Colonel, were killed in violent clashes with Chinese troops on June 15, 2020 along the LAC in Ladakh, in what is possibly the worst incident between the two countries in decades. The violent face-off took place during the de-escalation process underway in the Galwan Valley and resulted in “casualties on both sides”.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.