August 17, 2026 12:57 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe
Afghan crisis | J&K terrorist infiltration
Representative image of Kashmir valley/ credit: Unsplash

After Taliban takeover of Afghanistan, six terror groups infiltrated J&K: Reports

| @indiablooms | Aug 31, 2021, at 02:33 am

Srinagar/IBNS: At least six groups of terrorists have infiltrated the Kashmir valley after the US troops' withdrawal from Afghanistan, media reports said.

According to the intelligence agency these terrorist groups have some high value targets on their agenda.

Inputs indicate that at least 25-30 terrorists are attempting to keep various security forces engaged for the last one month.

"This number is apart from those terrorists who were already in Jammu and Kashmir," NDTV reported quoting sources.

Evidence also shows that activities in Jammu and Kashmir have also gone up in the last month.

"Every day for the last one month, either an IED attack on security forces or attacks on political leaders have been reported," a senior official told NDTV.

According to him, terrorist activity has also increased on launch pads, which were abandoned after a ceasefire was announced in February this year.

Various intelligence agencies predict that as many as 300 terrorists have again occupied the camps across the Line of Control (LoC).

Meanwhile raising the concern about security, around 60 young men have gone missing from their homes in the last couple of months.

On August 15, the Taliban entered Kabul, prompting the US-supported civilian government to collapse.

Ashraf Ghani resigned as president and fled the country to prevent what he described as imminent bloodshed if militants had to storm the city.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.