August 23, 2026 09:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

UPSC aspirants resort to violent protest

| | Jul 25, 2014, at 04:54 pm
New Delhi, July 25 (IBNS) Hundreds of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) aspirants resorted to violent protest in Delhi over the Civil Services Aptitude Test for UPSC exams demanding its withdrawal since they claimed it to be favouring those who studied in English.

The aspirants planned to march to Parliament where ruckus over the issue also lead to adjournment.

Earlier on Thursday evening they resorted to arson targetting public transport and police vans besides stone pelting. They had blocked the Outer Ring Road near Wazirabad too.

Heavy police contingents have been posted since the clash.

The aspirants demanded scrapping of C-SAT (Aptitude Test) for the UPSC  exam besides inclusion of Hindi as language.

The Centre earlier had said it has formed a  three- Member Committee  to look into the controversy  Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC as  aspirants protest the changes made in the examination pattern.  

Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Dr. Jitendra Singh  told the Lok Sabha last week: "The  Government is fully aware of the issue and is taking a sympathetic view of the same. We appeal to the students not to cause unnecessary physical and mental agony to themselves, as the Government is already pursuing their cause in right earnest."

 "The Government has constituted a three Member Committee to look into their grievances and put forward its suggestions. We are writing to the Committee to expedite the process and furnish its report at the earliest, considering the urgency of the matter," the Minister said.

Singh urged students to end their protest and 'resume their normal routine'.

The prelims entrance exam is scheduled to take place on Aug 24.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.