August 23, 2026 04:12 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Supreme Court directs CBI chief to recuse himself from 2G case

| | Nov 20, 2014, at 09:18 pm
New Delhi, Nov 20 (IBNS): The Supreme Court on Thursday directed India's federal investigating agency CBI's chief Ranjit Sinha to recuse himself from the 2G scam case probe.

The ruling of the Supreme Court in a petition of lawyer and activist Prashant Bhushan- who raised the issue of various accused meeting Sinha- is unprecedented.

Earlier on Thursday, the apex court ordered officers of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to head to work straight away instead of attending the hearing about their top boss.

The top court during the day heard the case that asks for Sinha to be removed from the investigation into the 2G scam when the second-wave generation of airwaves were allegedly given with out-of-turn mobile network licenses to firms who paid kickbacks.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.