August 23, 2026 03:23 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence
Image Credit: Pixabay

Six arrested in MP's Ujjain for pro-Pakistan slogan during Muharram procession

| @indiablooms | Aug 22, 2021, at 06:54 am

Ujjain: Six people were held in Madhya Pradesh's Ujjain for allegedly raising pro-Pakistan slogans during a Muharram procession on Thursday.

Police made the arrests after a video clip of the incident surfaced.

Police said some of the accused have been identified while the identity of the others is being ascertained.

The incident happened when police stopped the Muharram procession passing through Ujjain's Geeta Colony area as such activities are not allowed due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Irked by the disruption, some persons in the procession started raising pro-Pakistan slogans.

The video went viral on Thursday night but Police waited till morning to scan the CCTV footage.

"We have arrested six persons and detained some of the suspects. They are being interrogated. Rest of the accused are absconding they will be arrested soon," Superintendent of Police Satendra Kumar Shukla was quoted as saying by NDTV.

Shukla said 10 persons were identified based on the video clip and they were aged between 20 - 25 years.

He said the district administration had already spoken to the organizers and they had agreed to not take out the procession as all public processions and gatherings are banned due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Reacting to the incident, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan said had taken a strong stand on the incident and "the Taliban mentality would not be tolerated at any cost".

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.