August 23, 2026 04:01 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence
Afghanistan | Unites States
Image Credit: twitter.com/MoDAfghanistan

No more US bombing sorties to support Afghan forces after Aug 31 : Report

| @indiablooms | Aug 11, 2021, at 01:18 am

Washington: The US will continue with the pull out of its forces from Afghanistan even as the Taliban is fast seizing territories and killing top officials of the country.

Taliban's rapid advance in the country - taking over six provincial capitals within days - may be surprising for many but the US intelligence had suggested that it would take only months for the civilian government to fall in the face of a brutal offensive by the terror group.

As the US is set to complete the withdrawal by August 31, it has iterated that it will continue to arm and train the Afghan forces.

But US airstrikes against the Taliban that backed the Afghan national forces may not be continued after the complete retreat of the US forces from Afghanistan and indicated there was no decision to do so after the withdrawal, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby confirmed Monday, according to an AFP report.

"It's their country to defend. This is their struggle," Kirby said, while acknowledging the situation is "clearly not going in the right direction," stated the AFP report.

The decision to pull out the US troops from Afghanistan has been long advocated by Biden, who believes that nothing more could be achieved by fighting the country and the United States has achieved its stated goal of defeating Al-Qaeda in the region following the September 11, 2001.

"Nearly 20 years of experience has shown us," Biden said last month, "that 'just one more year' of fighting in Afghanistan is not a solution but a recipe for being there indefinitely," Biden was quoted as saying by AFP.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.