August 23, 2026 07:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

MHA will dispatch 4 extra columns of NDRF to flood affected areas of J&K tomorrow: Singh

| | Sep 05, 2014, at 06:13 am
New Delhi, Sept 4 (IBNS): Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Thursday said the Ministry of Home Affairs will dispatch four extra columns of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) to flood affected areas of Jammu and Kashmir to strengthen ongoing relief and rescue operations in state.

"MHA will dispatch 4 extra columns of NDRF to flood affected areas of J&K tomorrow morning to strengthen ongoing relief & rescue operations," Singh tweeted.

Singh earlier in the day reviewed the flood situation in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.

Singh called on the Chief Minister of Jammu and Kashmir Omar Abdullah and took stock of the latest situation.

Expressing his grief over the loss of precious lives in floods the Union Home Minister assured the Chief Minister of all necessary help to the state.

Due to incessant rains in certain parts of J&K and emergence of a flood-like situation, Rajnath Singh has cancelled his visit to the state from Friday.

In the meanwhile fresh reports emerged that, A bus carrying 50 passengers has been washed away.

National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams have been dispatched.

The Union Home Minister has instructed agencies to launch Search & Rescue Operation immediately.

It has been learnt, that 40 lives have been lost in this tragedy.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.