August 23, 2026 02:33 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence
Anil Deshmukh | ED

ED issues lookout notice against Anil Deshmukh in money laundering case

| @indiablooms | Sep 06, 2021, at 05:39 am

Mumbai/IBNS: The Enforcement Directorate has issued a lookout notice against NCP leader and former home minister of Maharashtra Anil Deshmukh in connection with a Rs 100 crore money laundering case.

Deshmukh, who had to quit his ministerial post because of the case, has skipped multiple summons by the probe agency, reported NDTV.

According to the report, the ED said the lookout notice has been issued to prevent Deshmukh from leaving the country.

The CBI lodged a corruption case based on an allegation of Rs 100 crore bribe accumulated by him.

In a letter to Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh wrote the then state home minister had asked suspended cop Sachin Waze to extort over Rs 100 crore a month from bars and restaurants in the city. 

Singh was removed from the post of Mumbai Police Commissioner after Deshmukh said "unforgivable" lapses had been revealed in the Mukesh Ambani security scare investigation under him.

Last month, the Supreme Court had refused to grant the 71-year-old politician interim relief against coercive action in the case.

On April 21, an FIR was registered by CBI against Deshmukh based on a Bombay High Court order.

Deshmukh's personal secretary and personal assistant were also arrested by the ED after carrying out raids against them and the NCP leader in Nagpur and Mumbai.

The CBI has also questioned his son-in-law over the leak of an enquiry report.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.