May 22, 2026 09:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Uganda
Image Cr: Youtube Screenshot

Uganda: Three people test positive for Ebola virus

| @indiablooms | Oct 23, 2022, at 12:39 am

Kampala/UNI: Three people among the 60 under quarantine at a Ugandan national referral hospital in Kampala, the capital of Uganda, have tested positive for Ebola virus disease, a top official said on Saturday.

Minister of Health Ruth Aceng tweeted that the three who were at an isolation facility at Mulago National Referral Hospital tested positive on Friday.

She said they were contacts to a confirmed case that had earlier passed on at the hospital.

The Minister said the three will be transferred to Entebbe Isolation Unit, 40 km south of Kampala, since the Mulago unit still has contacts under quarantine.

"Let's remain vigilant and report anybody with symptoms similar to Ebola. Together we can end this epidemic," Aceng said.

The Government has already put Kampala under a high response alert, in case, cases start increasing.

The Ministry Thursday gave envoys accredited to the country a guided tour of the Ebola treatment units, in a show of preparedness that the country is ready to combat and win the battle against the disease.

The Ministry of Health figures on Thursday showed that the country has so far registered 65 positive cases and 27 deaths since the outbreak was reported on Sept. 20.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.