Savoury Channa Peda
What's life without food! If you're hungry, why wait for others to come and help you out? Grab your apron and get cooking! Making food yourself is a great way to learn about food and meal preparation. And we have plenty of mouthwatering recipes for you to try...
White Chickpeas - 200 gms, soaked overnight
Onion - 1, big, finely chopped
Spring Onions - 5, chopped
Garlic - 4 cloves, crushed
Coriander Leaves - handful, chopped
Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Drain the chickepeas and add little salt.
2. Grind to a smooth paste.
3. Add the onions, garlic, spring onions, coriander leaves, pepper powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder.
4. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
5. Make small balls of the mixture and flatten them lightly.
6. Deep fry in hot oil till golden.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.