What's life without food! If you're hungry, why wait for others to come and help you out? Grab your apron and get cooking! Making food yourself is a great way to learn about food and meal preparation. And we have plenty of mouthwatering recipes for you to try...
Basmati Rice - 1 cup, washed, drained
Onion - 1, big, finely chopped
Tomato - 1, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves - handful
Mint Leaves - handful
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 3, finely chopped
Bay Leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1
Cloves - 1
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Oil - 2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Stir-fry the tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves and mint leaves for a minute.
3. Remove and grind to a smooth paste.
4. Heat ghee and oil in a pressure pan.
5. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and green chillies.
6. Saute for a minute.
7. Add ginger garlic paste, ground onion paste and stir well.
8. Pour 1 cup of water and coconut milk.
9. Mix well and add salt as per taste.
10. Bring to a boil and add the rice.
11. Cover the pan with a lid and pressure cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
12. Remove the pan and keep aside to cool.
13. Serve hot.