Chicken Asparagus Salad
What's life without food! If you're hungry, why wait for others to come and help you out? Grab your apron and get cooking! Making food yourself is a great way to learn about food and meal preparation. And we have plenty of mouthwatering recipes for you to try...
Chicken Breast - 1, boneless, skinless
Asparagus Spears - 125 gms, ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
Lettuce Leaves - 2, rinsed, torn
Cold Water - 2 cups
Oil - 1 tblsp
For the dressing:
Soy Sauce - 1 tbslp
Olive oil - 3 tblsp
Dijon Mustard - 3/4 tblsp
Balsamic Vinegar - 3/4 tblsp
Sugar - a pinch
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the chicken breast and fry for 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. In a separate pan, heat 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
5. Add the asparagus and blanch for 30 seconds.
6. Remove the asparagus and immediately add it to the bowl of cold water.
7. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
8. Add the lettuce leaves and toss well.
9. Meanwhile, combine all the dressing ingredients and whisk till smooth.
10. Cut the chicken breast into small, thin strips (or into cubes) and add to the lettuce bowl.
11. Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle pepper powder on top.
12. Serve at once.